Monday, September 13, 2010

Improvements during Sad Times

My partner has been doing really well this week. She has been much more stable and her spirits have been much higher and she has been able to do a few more things and feel more competent. She still needs more Dex towards the end of weeks between aspirations. So good improvements there.

But a very sad thing has happened to my son last week. I can't believe the fate that we are having to endure at the moment. It has simply been unreal.

My son went down to stay at our land at Roaring Beach last week with a group of friends for a holiday surfing trip with happy times around the campsite. My partner and I had gone to stay with friends together for the first time in five months. We had a great afternoon with beautiful weather.

Around 5-6pm I got a call from a friend that a girl had died in a car accident on Roaring Beach Road. She was one of the friends that had been camping with my son. Since this happened my son and the young friends that went camping together have been staying with each other at each others places and keeping company since last Tuesday. The funeral was today. It has been a shock to us all and our hearts go out to her family.

6 comments:

  1. Dear S, K, C
    When I heard about the accident at Roaring my heart sank. I thought there'd a be a good chance it would have involved someone you knew. I am really sorry K, really sorry. You are copping an awfully heavy load. My thoughts are with you and your parents every day. Look after yourself. You'll get through. I am sorry it's this tough. Love, Fin

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was the grand-daughter of one of my work colleagues. So sad for her and the family and for K, it must be hard for him to take in with all you have to deal with already. Our kids are so precious. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you & your darling family S, our days are very precious, hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all, and sending our love. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lovelies,

    Glad to hear things are getting better and that you actually got to go out and visit friends and enjoy some good weather in Tas this time of year. so sad to hear about k's friend. What a lot to hold all at once. I'm feeing for you all.

    im thinking of coming to visit in mid-nov, and will look again at the kemo dates to avoid that time. I will come with Sam if it suits and stay with other friends in hobart. But would love to hang out, take you out Krip or just be still if that's what would nurture you the best. Let me know what you think when you have a moment.

    Lots of love to you all,

    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi S, C, K another weekend has flashed past. Your west hobart garden continues to fourish and flowers peep over the fence that once was yours and ours. Think of you so much. Love, Fin

    ReplyDelete