Friday, July 23, 2010

Recovering

My partner is recovering well from having a shunt put in. It has, over the last week affected her emotionally but things are improving. Today I went to collect the Temazolomide to start her six months of one week chemo then three weeks off. Lets hope that this will knock off the small node of cells that has grown slightly since the initial operation to remove the tumour. The Oncologist is positive this will have a good effect. I have been telling my partner to always look on the bright side of life - echoes of Monty Python. We haven't got a Volvo so at least we won't dye of salmon moose! All things positive need to be maintained. We go from one place of hope to the next. My partner had a great session with her appointed psychologist that she knew from years ago and rang me at work sounding very clear and happy. It sure lifts your spirits to hear her in a happy place.
Tonight some friends are bringing us supper and will be with us at our place. Thanks for friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Steve for letting us know what's happening and how C is. Nice to hear the positives. I think of her, and you and K, constantly. Give her my love and of course if there is anything she'd like from me, from us, please say. Much love, Fin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and healing thoughts to Krippa and loads of hugs to you from across the Straight S,
    you are courageous and beautiful,
    M

    ReplyDelete