Thursday, April 15, 2010

Op Recovery and Oncology Planning

The saturday after getting the results we got the ok to go home from hospital. The discharge was a bit premature and we waited for services to catch up with us. We went and saw my partners GP who helped to assist this happening. My partner was readmitted to the hospital so that she could get to see speech pathology, oncologists and so forth. Her sister who is a nurse was down that week to help care for her. My partner was being weaned off Dexamethasone. The amounts weren't enough, she needed ongoing supplies to reduce fluid around where the tumour had been. After a lot of meetings with hospital staff, not eating she returned home. My sister in law and my partner had been home for 10 minutes when my partner had a minor sezuire. My sister in law called the ambulance and my partner was back to hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment