Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 1 Radio & Chemo Treatment

Had first day of Radio and Chemo yesterday. The 10 minute session predictably turned into and hour and a half while we searched for the pharmacology unit at the hospital. A few hours after taking the Temodal nausea and full on vomiting set in. Got home from work at six and immeadiately had to call around the hospital to get a doctor to tell casualty that we were coming in. Casualty was chockas. Had to drop my partner and go and park the car. They were pretty quick in getting the tablets to her and a rehydration icy pole. In 20 minutes we were right to go home. A friend who had cooked dinner for us had not been able to collect our son from basketball. I set off to find him bouncing in the dark at the local high school gym. We had tea and went to bed.
She is good this morning. Up early while I write this and making breakfast for herself.

2 comments:

  1. Ah well the hospital is like a whole new world. We have such an experience with our girl that I almost dry reach when I go there these days. I am glad she is ok and your family are ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darling Steve - please feel free to phone me for emergency pick ups (bouncing boys)and also I'm happy to hang out in Casualty as well. I might not always be able to respond immediately but hopefully we'll have a 98% success rate - maybe even 99.9% recurring. Remember 0419299253 xoxoxox Belinda

    ReplyDelete