Sunday, May 29, 2011

Time Passes, Time Passes

My Canadian colleague at GCC used to say this while we were waiting for something to happen. It was synonymous with "My life is disappearing" or "I am growing old while this is happening." A workstation was booting up slowly or someone was taking a bit too long to work something out. I think about being in a situation where things move so slowly that cobwebs have time to form because of your lack of mobility. Runinng through molasses. Swimming butterfly through treacle. Two and half months ago seems closer to the Mesolithic period than the present day. It is seems like a long time. Both my son and I agree on this.

I was listening to the radio all afternoon yesterday while I was furiously making pies and spanakopitas and someone was saying that these days we don't have time to be bored and we should make time to be like that. We always have some form of electronica to keep us from it. But boredom is apparently a way that we can put things aside, relax and calm. I think it would be nice to be bored for a while. A PHD in boredom might be on the agenda at your local Uni. Doctor of Boredom!

Aside from this my aunt has finally decided to call it quits with her battle against cancer that she has been keeping ahead of for the past five years or more. This takes more courage than any reward for bravery pinned on any tunic.

I got another call today from someone who was not present to my partners passing. I'm so sorry about missing them out. Its seems like such a hole in the net I thought I made for this.

Time passes, time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment